Achilles Tendinitis / Achilles Tendinosis
The Achilles tendon is the large tendon on the back of your calf that connects to your heel. Achilles tendinitis/tendinosis is caused by repetitive or intense strain on the tendon, resulting in pain and swelling.
Achilles tendinitis is common in runners, particularly if they suddenly increase the intensity or duration of their running. It is also common in recreational athletes, especially in middle age and beyond.
- Pain and stiffness in the morning
- Pain that worsens with activity
- Loss of range of motion at the ankle,
- Difficulty rising up on your toes.
If left untreated:
Achilles tendinitis can weaken the tendon, leaving it more vulnerable to a rupture requiring surgical repair.
At Shift, our physical therapists will treat the underlying factors that predispose your body to Achilles tendon injuries, as well as treat your symptoms. A thorough examination will reveal what structural problems or movement patterns may be contributing to your condition.
- Manual therapy
- Activity modification recommendations
- Footwear recommendations to help prevent a recurrence
Benefits of Treatment:
- Pain relief
- Strengthened calf muscle and tendon
- Safe return to your activities
The Shift Model of Care:
- Shift treats the whole you—body, mind and spirit because these elements of your health are always connected.
- Shift uses a collaborative model to inform and empower you with multiple perspectives.
- Shift is a supportive environment where you are invited to notice your own shifting self-awareness.
95 University Place, 8th Floor
New York, New York 10003
Shift is conveniently located between 11th and 12th Street, just 2 blocks from Union Square. Nearby Subway lines include L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6.
Start Your Recovery Today
Call Now (212) 604-1316