Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a hand and arm condition that causes numbness, tingling and other symptoms. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by a pinched nerve in your wrist. A number of factors can contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome, including anatomy of your wrist, underlying health problems and possibly patterns of hand use. Fortunately with proper & specialized treatment, most people who develop CTS can relieve symptoms and restore wrist and hand function.
If left untreated:
- Loss of fine motor dexterity
- Hand weakness
- Constant pain or paresthesias
- Dependence with activities with daily living (ADLs)
Benefits of Treatment:
- Improved fine motor dexterity
- Stronger hand
- Reduced numbness, tingling, and pain
The Shift Model of Care:
- Shift treats the whole you—body, mind and spirit because these elements of your health are always connected.
- Shift uses a collaborative model to inform and empower you with multiple perspectives.
- Shift is a supportive environment where you are invited to notice your own shifting self-awareness.
95 University Place, 8th Floor
New York, New York 10003
Shift is conveniently located between 11th and 12th Street, just 2 blocks from Union Square. Nearby Subway lines include L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6.
Start Your Recovery Today
Call Now (212) 604-1316
Make an Appointment