The leaking of urine with activity.
Symptoms of Stress Incontinence:
Leaking urine with coughing, laughing, sneezing, lifting, exercise, jumping, running
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness
- Core weakness
- Diastasis Recti
- Gynecological surgery
If left untreated:
- May worsen over time
- Ability to exercise, dance, or be active may be limited
- May have to wear protective pads or underwear
Negative effects on life:
- Stop exercise and activities that loved
- Limit playing with children (unable to run, jump)
- Social Embarrassment due to leaks
- Embarrassment over need to wear protective pad or underwear
Treatment at Shift:
- Work one on one with PT’s who specialize in women’s health
- Evaluation of core and pelvic floor muscle function
- Individualized exercise plan to optimize core and pelvic floor strength, endurance and coordination
- Education on how to integrate pelvic floor function into every day activities
The Shift Model of Care:
- Shift treats the whole you—body, mind and spirit because these elements of your health are always connected.
- Shift uses a collaborative model to inform and empower you with multiple perspectives.
- Shift is a supportive environment where you are invited to notice your own shifting self-awareness.
95 University Place, 8th Floor
New York, New York 10003
Shift is conveniently located between 11th and 12th Street, just 2 blocks from Union Square. Nearby Subway lines include L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6.
Start Your Recovery Today
Call Now (212) 604-1316
Make an Appointment